Sunday, September 14, 2008

Concert Goers

Saturday night, Justin and I headed down to Chula Vista, Calif. for the Maroon 5/Counting Crows/Augustana concert. I was there to see Maroon 5 and Justin was there to see Counting Crows. (Only Ginny knows how this Augustana is.) Unfortunately, on the carride there with Ginny, Jason, and Kimmie, we were informed that the frontman from Counting Crows was sick and so they wouldn't be performing. I've never had that happen to me before, probably because I don't attend too many concerts, but boy was Justin bummed :( Good thing we brought adult beverages, our bean bags, and Kimmie's handicap parking ticket. We partied up in the parking lot--some more than others--and then headed in for the show. The vote: Augustana=sleepytime. Maroon 5=good times!

And in between the two, we just relaxed. The other kids were in the lawn, but I splurged and got seats. Maybe next time we'll see Mr. Jones, too!






1 comment:

Bree said...

Oh, I love Augustana! Granted, I only know one of their songs, but "Boston" is often my theme song.