Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updates

At sundown this evening, Passover starts. Justin and I are having a few friends and family members over to celebrate. Nothing fancy. No Seder plate or open chair, but definitely some home-cooked noodle kugle (don't be jealous!) and brisket. I've never made brisket before. I've watched my mom make that kind of stuff, but never joined in the fun. And boy is it fun! This morning I had to get up early to "trim" the fat. Oh, Amelia Bedelia how I loved your books. Unfortunately, when I tried to shove the meat into the fridge to chill before lunchtime when I'd return to stuff it in the crock pot I knocked over the shrimp juice I was saving for the cat. That's right, I said shrimp juice. So, of course the juice went directly into the meat container. Since I didn't want shrimp-flavored brisket, I took it out, rinsed it, and put it in a new pot. Luckily, that's been the only hiccup so far today.

On another note, the White House will be holding the first Seder with a president. If it's good enough for Obama, then it's good enough for me :) Happy Passover!

Also, thought this one was interesting. Apparently there are KILLER bees in La Mesa, CA (about ten minutes from where I used to live). These are not BUMBLE bees, people. They can KILL you. As if getting stung by a dragonfly wasn't enough (yes, it can and HAS happened), now I get to be afraid of killer bees? Is that really necessary?

1 comment:

Lois said...

LOVE the Amelia Bedelia reference!