Monday, August 11, 2008

Golfs-R-Us

I played golf for the first time! I've been nervous about playing because Justin's so freaking good, but we decided on Sunday to play a three par course down the road from us. It was crazy hot and I got quite the sun burn, but I had a great time. I'm a wicked putter (though I already knew it was in my blood, Chizik PuttPutt what?!). The rest I'll need to work on, but it was super nice how patient and understanding the Loomis crew were with me. Justin stayed home to try to break into his car (it's been sitting in the driveway for over a week now because he misplaced the FAB), so it was Justin's brother and sister--Mason and Carmel--her boyfriend Grey; their dad, Mark; Sean, my date for the day; and me! My favorite shot was when I "put a little mustard on it" and whacked the thing into a tree two feet away. It ricocheted off the trunk and flew off at a 90 degree angle. I couldn't have made that shot again if I tried.

Maybe we can go more often and I can try my hand at a real course. Or maybe I'll just stick to the mini guys.

No comments: