Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A-parrot-ly Annoying

These are the lovely wild parrots that sit outside my window and squawk each morning. On the weekdays, I don't notice them because I have to be awake and driving to work by 8am. On the weekends, though, life with the parrots is much different. They travel in gaggles (?), sit on wires and tree limbs, and wake up the neighborhood around 9am EVERY Saturday and Sunday. They're the rooster of El Cajon.

If you live on the East Coast or Midwest where
parrots are less likely to show up in your backyard than a dodo bird or unicorn, then I'm sure you don't understand my pain. I too thought they were precious when I first moved to San Diego, but since then, they've quickly become an unwanted wake up call.

Justin
assures me that they'll leave by the end of summer. I'm not sure where they migrate to, but I'm hoping it's somewhere like Tahiti or Figi. Somewhere tropical that ends in an "i" where I don't have to hear them. Or I'll go on vacation from them :) Like San Francisco for Labor Day. How about that, parrots? How about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have parrots at Fred's in Old Town. That is much of the reason that I go to Cafe Coyote instead.