Friday, November 14, 2008

An Apple a Day

After the trip to the Julian apple fest two weekends ago, I've finally started USING said apples. Last weekend I made an apple crisp that my sister suggested. And the other night I made this apple pork chop dish while Justin was at softball and oh my God, it was delicious! So, I thought in the spirit of fall (it's 90 here this weekend, but I hear it's much colder elsewhere) I'd offer my version of the recipe for anyone interested. I am, after all, a foodie at heart. <3

1. Clean and slice apples. Use these for one layer in a pie or casserole dish/pan.
2. Rinse and season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip in flour and sear both sides in a frying pan.
3. Sprinkle apples with maple syrup while the pork shops are searing.
4. Place chops over apples. Cover in aluminum foil (pronounced AL-u-minium fo'l) and bake at 350 until cooked all the way through. Mine were skinny and needed only 25 minutes.

We served ours with mashed potatoes and peas (me) or corn (Justin).

Enjoy!

No comments: