Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gas Escapade

Yesterday I had the weirdest experience at the gas station. I pulled in on empty (like usual) and saddled up to the pump. But when I got up to the screen to put my credit card in, it was asking me to choose the gas. I've never seen a gas pump NOT ask for money first, but hey! there's a first time for everything, right? So I pump exactly $20.02 into my hungry Jetta. Just enough to get me through the rest of the week until the next pay check. When I'm putting the pump back into its holster, I look up and the attendant and a guy in a suit are standing at my bumper waiting for me. Apparently, I stole someone else's gas! Little did I know, Suit had gone in and told Attendant the wrong pump, and then I swooped in (unknowingly) and got the gas he paid for. When I explained that I had NOT paid yet and WAS planning on doing so, Attendant asked us all to march back into the store to reconfigure the money. It was all very random. I mean, talk about perfect timing. If I was probably one minute later the whole thing wouldn't have worked. Very random.

1 comment:

Lois said...

That's hilarious! Good thing suit didn't get all fired up about it.