Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Living the Life of a Muppet

It has come to my attention that as a child I may have taken the Muppets from "Sesame Street" a bit too seriously. It's Friday, and Bree and I (my co-receptionist, meaning we share the same desk) are in dire need of both sleep AND a martini. And when these desperations come together, what occurs is a conversation much like this (whilst playing online Scrabble):

Bree: Your turn.
Me: What?
Bree: You.
Me: Meh?
Bree: Huh?
Me: Muh?
Bree: Muh.

We have very intelligent conversations. Today, the noises became increasingly rediculous and inelligable (it's been a long week and a longer day) and I realized that we sound like those red muppets I'll now refer to as the muhmuhs. Side note: if anyone knows what these guys are called, your help is much appreciated. I cannot, for some reason, get Jeeves to answer "Who are the Muppet muhmuhs?"

While I was looking on youtube for a Muppet video to help in sleuthing out the muhmuhs' real name, I fell upon Beaker. Might he be what I'm mistaking as the muhmuhs? Answer: no, however, he is in fact the character that Justin compares me to when I whine. I had no idea I was so unoriginal! Nor did I realize that this was what he was doing when my voice turns to the high-pitch range, something that's hard to listen to, I'd imagine, since my voice on a normal day sounds like a mouse on helium.

So, I leave work today wondering if it's just these two Muppets that I embibe, or, as I suspect, is my hole life ONE BIG MUPPET SHOW?

PS. Here's a video of Beaker with a Nose Warmer, and as a half-breed Jew or Italian (the NOSE!), I can say with certainty that this invention is genius. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3K9kEASOw&feature=related

1 comment:

Bree said...

Sadly, that one was one of our more serious conversations.