Thursday, July 10, 2008

July Fourth SD Style

Justin and I spent most of July Fourth this year at his Mom's house in Escondido. She has this amazing party home (not Frat party, but fun party) with kayaks and a pool, stocked liquor cabinet and Wii. So we lounged all day around the pool eating sausages and salmon. It was a great Fourth. We almost missed the fireworks, but we managed to catch the last bit at his house in El Cajon...soon to be OUR house in El Cajon :) These are pictures of the sun setting over Lake Hodges right from Lily and Ken's house. It was quite amazing.

The rest of my stay at 944 Loring St will be hectic. Nissa and Jason are getting married this evening in Ocean Beach. Should be a beautiful ceremony on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Then tomorrow is Annie and Adam's not-so-secret going away party. And Sunday we'll be having our Last Supper :( I've already started getting choked up about them leaving. I really love their senses of humor and kindness. Adam has been a nice man around the house :) And Annie has become a best friend in such a short amount of time. Makes me wish I'd known you in grade school! Although I'm sad that they're leaving so soon, I genuinely appreciate that I was able to get to know them at all. I'll miss you two!

No comments: