Wednesday, July 2, 2008

RIP

Etta the Jetta may be on her last leg. I know many of you have come to love and cherish my little coche, so I thought I'd give a warning about her health. Her battery died yesterday. Laura--my friend visiting from the 'Burgh--and I got a jump from this guy who just HAPPENED to be sitting in the alleyway with a portable battery. (My trunk, which holds my jumper cables, wouldn't open either so thank god for THAT guy!) We drove around for 2o minutes and then parked at a Midas just in case. Well, the battery needed changed, of course. What we didn't know was that the windows that would no longer move up or down and the trunk that wouldn't pop open were a symptom of something "MUCH BIGGER," so says Mr. VW Midas man. So, for the next couple of days I can live without the windows or the trunk, although when I lock the doors, the alarm goes off and the trunk pops open. Not exactly what I usually intend to do.

If you'd like to stop by and say goodbye to Etta, sooner might be better than later. I'm not sure how much longer she'll last. Maybe a year. Maybe a month. Who knows :( At least she has a new battery.

No comments: