Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trying Out My Blonde Side

I got pulled over today on my way back to work after my lunch break. Apparently I was going 37 in a 25mph zone. I'm not really surprised by this considering I do tend to have a bit of a lead foot (and give white knuckles to Justin). The thing that really gets me, though, is my shear stupidity with the whole situation. I mean, I KNEW they were there! I'd seen them on my way home and thought to myself, "I should text my roommates to let them know about the cops." Well, apparently I should have texted myself because in the interim I forgot they were there and whipped around the corner. Luckily I wasn't talking on my cellphone, however, not luckily my windows don't roll down when I'm inside the car. So, I get the hand gesture to move over. (You know the one, the sideways hand slide that says, "Yes, you can move over now.") So when he walked towards my passenger side window, I popped out my door, snuck my head out, and informed him that my windows don't go down. Humiliating. Yes, sir, I WAS speeding. Yes, sir, I'd love to pull over. No, sir, I can't talk to you through the window, neither can I talk to the drive-in ladies or use the drive-in ATM window, but do I remember that BEFORE I get to afore-mentioned window? No. No, sir, I'm not a COMPLETE idiot. Here's my license, and thanks for the warning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that time we lived on the east coast, and there was drive-through BANKING and not just the drive up ATM?! Oh, glory days...

Stephanie Marie said...

Yah! What's the deal with THAT?