Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Updates

OK, so the Twilight screening was pretty much what I'd expected: a bunch of tweens with their moms and moms with their friends. I went with a group of girls, some were current friends and some friends of friends, which would have been great to meet new people except that the atmosphere was not conducive toward meeting new people. Yes, we stood in line together for an hour, but there were too many people shoving up against us and moving around us to have much of a conversation. Plus, the screams that drafted through the line every 15 or 20 minutes immediately stopped any normal conversations. So Twilight screening was interesting, but a bust for the mission.

I did learn that my friend from Pittsburgh, Suzie, is moving to San Diego. I got to hang out with her and her friend who lives here, so that may be a potential. She came into town for the weekend to look for a place to live when she moves out here in August. I'm interested to meet Suzie's new roommate who's also new to the area. Maybe we can all be friends :)

So, now it's Monday. I'm supposed to go to happy hour for work tonight and possibly ballet tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe I can make a friend at adult beginners ballet. Or, I can just have some fun!

No comments: