Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bachelorette's on the West Side

Justin bought me a new shiny camera for my birthday. It's red and sparkly :) I'm trying to figure out how to upload all of my pictures onto my computers, so while that is happening I will make a few notes about Nissa's Bridal Shower that took place this past Saturday.

1. The Company Picnic. It was thrown by Nissa's coworkers (including her manager) from Lulu's nail salon in San Diego. This means that the owner's wife (aka the manager) was in attendance as well as all of the other techs and receptionists.

2. And They're Off! Nissa invited Shannon and I to join her and her coworkers. I was under the impression (due to the evite) that we'd be getting drinks and appetizers at one bar and then going to a kareoke bar afterwards. To me, that means we'd be mingling at a bar, sipping cocktails, and munching on finger foods. To the manager, however, that apparently meant a sit-down affair with food and drink. I skipped on food since I'd just had dinner, but got a pomegranate martini (yum!), which the manager paid for...first round on her!

3. Set of Lungs. We eventually headed to the Lamplighter for some good ol' American fun: kareoke! I thought I might try my newly found kareoke skills, but once I realized it was jam packed full of college kids and old men, I changed my mind. Luckily, Nissa works with this adorable Japanese girl who sang an amazing rendition of "I will survive." She brought the house DOWN!

4. Queen Bee. About half way through the night, Shannon and I realized we'd be the only one's going home with our dignity. The owner's wife was all over the bar flies like whoa, while her minions were buzzing around trying to emulate her. And Nissa, of course, was the bachelorette, although she was very well behaved (no worries, Jason!). It definately made for some great people watching. Unfortunately, they were with us!

5. Negative Nancy. Around 1AM, after hours of me trying to make the best out of the situation (i.e. being Sober Sally in a room full of drunk and disorderly college kids, and surrounded by raspy-singing kareoke fools in white polyester pants. One lady sang "Enter Sandman" like James Hetfield himself. I'm talking scary. She threw down the mike, girated her hips, stood on a chair, and scared the poo out of the entire audience.), we realized that we needed to go home.

6. Lesbian Humping. The icing on the cake came right before we left when a lesbian woman started freak dancing me from behind. I was wearing a short brown dress and my new flowered wedges, but I have never been molested from behind by a woman before. The lesbian molestor eventually moved on to Nissa and then up to the stage, but soon after she dismounted my butt, this other lady comes up to me and goes "Were you just hitting on my girlfriend?" And I go "NO! She was hitting on ME!" She must have been trying to do damage control because her mean face turned soft and she started laughing. We had a good chuckle about how her girlfriend needed help standing up straight and how she must have found me hot to hit on me. Well, not hit on me, more like hump me. I guess there's a first time for everything!

7. Go Back to Your Home. Finally, we were making our rounds to head back to the car to go home when some girl bumped into Nissa's shoulder. So what does my 5'2" 100 lb friend do? She turns around and whacks the girl with her purse. And when the other girl tried to fight her, little Nissa (the elf) stood her ground. Go Nissa! Go...HOME! :) And go home we did, leaving the hoochies from her work to their devices at the bar, of course. I guess girls will be girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm highly amused that the GoogleAd currently on your page is advertising "Lesbian Las Vegas." Way to combine stories, Google!