Sunday, June 8, 2008

Festivas for the Restofus

I am neither Greek NOR a year older (yet!), but this weekend I got to spend my time celebrating birthdays and eating delicious food of the Mediterranean. Scrump-tious!

For Nissa's birthday, Shannon and I met Nissa and her family at Island Prime for some drinks. The layout of the restaurant wasn't exactly condusive towards mingling at the bar, but the view was priceless. We were practically floating on the San Diego Bay with dahntahn and the Coronado Bridge glowing off in the background. Although we didn't stay there for too long, it was a super fun night. I will definately be going back there!

On Saturday, I tagged along with Ginny and Jason at the Greek Festival. Ginny's of Greek heritage so we go to a lot of the festivals to celebrate her culture. It was pretty small compared to the ones I've been to in MD, which apparently always happen the first weekend in June, but it was super fun. We ate gyros and loukoumathes (puffed pastry with honey and cinnamon, of course) and then I bought an oil painting. It's a picture of the streets in Paris. Oh la la! :) Hopefully, when Justin gets a house and I move into it (wink wink) I'll get to put my current bedroom set into the guest bedroom, painting and all. Should work perfectly...

I haven't been to a festival in a while and it reminded me how much I love to go to them. Parking's always a hurtle, but once we got inside it was a blast. I'll have to see if I can find another group of people I don't belong to so I can taste their foods and buy their goods. Anyone want to adopt me for a day?

1 comment:

Verity Earl said...

I'll adopt you for a day and we can go to a lovely British festival where they serve blood pudding and kidney pie. Now doesn't that sound appealing??