Friday, May 16, 2008

And So The Season of Visitors Begins...

Will and Scida dropped into town this week for a work trip up in Fullerton, but made it down to SD to meet up with me for dinner on Wednesday. It wasn't the rockstar night like I think they may have expected, but it was a lot of fun to catch up and talk about poop. Man, I've missed the innocent times of college when poop was a regular topic of conversation :) We had some oysters, some ice cream, and some laughs. Good clean American fun!



Trouble flew back east on Thursday and today in comes Jen Toolan aka Jen Judy with her sisters. I was worried we'd have a crappy May Gray weekend for them, but it's ending up as one of the best weekends so far to date this year. Today alone is supposed to be 95 degrees. There are a ton of beer fests going on so I'm thinking some alcohol may be consumed in the near future. Plus, I've seen Jen with a keg :)

I'm supposed to go to Ian's welcome home from Iraq BBQ tomorrow evening and then Justin and I are going boating with Sean and Marissa. Hopefully I'll get to see Jen at least one night this weekend!

I'm sorry I'll be missing Michelleyness at Preakness this year. It's my first year missing it :( But, I had to cut my losses. With flying home in April for work and then again in June for my birthday, I just can't rationalize going home AGAIN in May. Besides, last year I didn't get a chance to really get into things with my jet-lag and all.

So, giddy-up, Michelle!

Laura's coming into town June 25-July 2--right before I move out of my apartment--so for anyone else considering visiting in the near future, pretty soon you may get your very own bed in the guest room of Justin's house. On that note: the house hunt continues!

PS. I could barely walk this morning. That jump rope is the DE-vil!

No comments: