Wednesday, May 14, 2008

False Alarm

Last night at midnight, the smoke alarm went off on the second floor of my apartment. I'm not sure if you've ever had a soke alarm wake you up outside of college (where there really wasn't much of a fear of burning alive from a drunken boy reheating french fries), but it was terrifying. I threw back my comforter, lept over my bed, and ran upstairs. I didn't see any smoke, although I can't see much of anything without my contacts. Ginny joined me a second later and confirmed the lack of fire. Annie and Adam--the other two roommates--were clearly not concerned by the alarm. Either they were dreaming they were back in college where you ignore the constant noises at 3AM or they were so drugged out on nightquil that they just didn't hear it. Either way, the noises stopped and we went back to sleep. Try setting off the smoke alarm on your roommate. I guarantee it will be fun to watch them scramble.

PS. My left calf is sore from jumping rope last night. I'm a rope jumping super star :)

No comments: